Whoopsy Daisy Forum
Bienvenue sur Whoopsy Daisy, le forum des amoureux de la littérature et de la culture anglaise ! Pour profiter pleinement de notre forum, nous vous conseillons de vous identifier si vous êtes déjà membre. Et surtout n'hésitez pas à nous rejoindre si vous ne l'êtes pas encore !
Whoopsy Daisy Forum
Bienvenue sur Whoopsy Daisy, le forum des amoureux de la littérature et de la culture anglaise ! Pour profiter pleinement de notre forum, nous vous conseillons de vous identifier si vous êtes déjà membre. Et surtout n'hésitez pas à nous rejoindre si vous ne l'êtes pas encore !

Forum des amoureux de la littérature et de la culture anglaise

AccueilRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Bienvenue sur Whoopsy Daisy

Whoopsy Daisy n'est pas un blog, mais un forum participatif: participez !
-23%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G6 – Alimentation PC 100% modulaire 650W, 80+ ...
77.91 € 100.91 €
Voir le deal

My Life with Bob de Pamela Paul

2 participants
AuteurMessage
Emjy
Bookworm
Emjy

My Life with Bob de Pamela Paul Empty
MessageSujet: My Life with Bob de Pamela Paul   My Life with Bob de Pamela Paul Icon_minitimeVen 7 Juil - 18:58

J'adore les livres sur les livres alors quand j'ai croisé la couverture de ce livre sur IG, ma curiosité a tout de suite été piquée ! Cet essai, qui a été plébiscité par le NY Times, parle de la passion de la lecture et des chroniques et échanges (écrits notamment) autour de la littérature (forcément, ça ne peut que me parler) L'auteur y traite aussi de son bob ou "books about books".

My Life with Bob de Pamela Paul My-Life-with-Bob-cover

Citation :
Imagine keeping a record of every book you’ve ever read. What would this reading trajectory say about you? With passion, humor, and insight, the editor of The New York Times Book Review shares the stories that have shaped her life.

Pamela Paul has kept a single book by her side for twenty-eight years – carried throughout high school and college, hauled from Paris to London to Thailand, from job to job, safely packed away and then carefully removed from apartment to house to its current perch on a shelf over her desk – reliable if frayed, anonymous-looking yet deeply personal. This book has a name: Bob.

Bob is Paul’s Book of Books, a journal that records every book she’s ever read, from Sweet Valley High to Anna Karenina, from Catch-22 to Swimming to Cambodia, a journey in reading that reflects her inner life – her fantasies and hopes, her mistakes and missteps, her dreams and her ideas, both half-baked and wholehearted. Her life, in turn, influences the books she chooses, whether for solace or escape, information or sheer entertainment.

But My Life with Bob isn’t really about those books. It’s about the deep and powerful relationship between book and reader. It’s about the way books provide each of us the perspective, courage, companionship, and imperfect self-knowledge to forge our own path. It’s about why we read what we read and how those choices make us who we are. It’s about how we make our own stories.

J'aime beaucoup cet extrait :

Citation :
“Aren’t we all writers these days? We live through text. With our status updates and our e-mails, many of us spend our days writing down more words than we speak aloud. Anyone can write a book or post a story and find readers. Even those whose book reviews live exclusively on Amazon or Goodreads or in diaries or in the text of e-mails are still active creators of the written word.”
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Shelbylee
Bookworm
Shelbylee

My Life with Bob de Pamela Paul Empty
MessageSujet: Re: My Life with Bob de Pamela Paul   My Life with Bob de Pamela Paul Icon_minitimeVen 7 Juil - 19:26

Ca à l'air effectivement sympa. Je pense que nous sommes nombreuses à avoir fait comme elle.

My Life with Bob de Pamela Paul
Page 1 sur 1