Whoopsy Daisy Forum
Bienvenue sur Whoopsy Daisy, le forum des amoureux de la littérature et de la culture anglaise ! Pour profiter pleinement de notre forum, nous vous conseillons de vous identifier si vous êtes déjà membre. Et surtout n'hésitez pas à nous rejoindre si vous ne l'êtes pas encore !
Whoopsy Daisy Forum
Bienvenue sur Whoopsy Daisy, le forum des amoureux de la littérature et de la culture anglaise ! Pour profiter pleinement de notre forum, nous vous conseillons de vous identifier si vous êtes déjà membre. Et surtout n'hésitez pas à nous rejoindre si vous ne l'êtes pas encore !

Forum des amoureux de la littérature et de la culture anglaise

AccueilRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Bienvenue sur Whoopsy Daisy

Whoopsy Daisy n'est pas un blog, mais un forum participatif: participez !
Le Deal du moment : -50%
Trottinette électrique OCEAN DRIVE A9 avec ...
Voir le deal
299.99 €

My Mother and other strangers BBC 2016

4 participants
AuteurMessage
Emjy
Bookworm
Emjy

My Mother and other strangers BBC 2016 Empty
MessageSujet: My Mother and other strangers BBC 2016   My Mother and other strangers BBC 2016 Icon_minitimeMar 16 Aoû - 18:47

La BBC a dévoilé les premières photos de son nouveau period drama, qui se passe pendant la seconde guerre mondiale :

Citation :
Mad Men actor Aaron Staton is swapping New York for Northern Ireland, in a newly-announced BBC One drama called My Mother and Other Strangers.
The series is set during World War II and follows a rural family dealing with the sudden arrival of 4,000 American servicemen and women.
My Mother and other strangers BBC 2016 Gallery-1471294560-untitled2

My Mother and other strangers BBC 2016 Gallery-1471294665-untitled3

Staton is to play a character called Captain Dreyfuss, who embarks on an affair with Rose (Hattie Morahan), one of the mothers living in the rural community.

Also joining the cast are Des McAleer (Hunger), Seamus O'Hara (6 Degrees) and Ryan McParland (The Survivalist) as the neighbouring Hanlon family, whose frustration at being displaced from their family home by the airfield is well vented.
Kerr Logan (Game of Thrones) plays Failey, local fisherman and boyfriend to Sally Quinn (Fiona O'Shaugnessy, Utopia) who, along with her brother Barney (Gavin Drea, What Richard Did), works on the Coyne's farm. Charles Lawson (Coronation Street) plays the Parish doctor, Dr Black.

My Mother and other strangers BBC 2016 Gallery-1471294895-untitled4

My Mother and other strangers BBC 2016 Gallery-1471294978-untitled5

Stephen Wright, Head of Drama for BBC Northern Ireland, said: "I'm delighted that Hattie Morahan will be leading our brilliant cast as Rose Coyne.
"Barry Devlin's scripts are formed by his love of life with all its complexities, and a love for the place and people where he grew up. 
"The scripts are in safe hands with the cast and our producer Grainne Marmion. Adrian Shergold will do a brilliant job bringing this unique time and world to life."

Bookworm
Miss Virginia

MessageSujet: Re: My Mother and other strangers BBC 2016   My Mother and other strangers BBC 2016 Icon_minitimeMer 24 Aoû - 11:52

Merci pour les infos!
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Emjy
Bookworm
Emjy

MessageSujet: Re: My Mother and other strangers BBC 2016   My Mother and other strangers BBC 2016 Icon_minitimeJeu 3 Nov - 21:42

Le 1er épisode sera diffusé à partir du dimanche 13 novembre sur la BBC. Il y aura 5 épisodes en tout.

Le communiqué de presse de la BBC :

My Mother and other strangers BBC 2016 624

Citation :
English born and bred Rose Coyne met her husband Michael, in England and followed him home to the rural community of Moybeg, Northern Ireland where they now live with their three children, Emma, Francis and Kate.
Rose closes up the school for the local potato-picking holidays and heads to the store run by Michael, where Ned Hanlon, his sons and some other locals wait to buy their meagre wartime rations. Ned is a tough old man and a staunch republican, and there is no love lost between him and Rose. His son Davey lets slip that Michael has an illegal supply of corned beef, of which Rose knows nothing.
Ten year-old Francis and his best friend Seamie take delight in watching the B17s land and take off from the American Air Base which has been built slap-dab in the middle of their parish. Seamie tries to drag Francis to the air base dump with the promise of untold treasures, leaving Francis torn, as he has been forbidden by his mother to go.
On her usual walk to her favourite spot by the lough, a chance meeting with a mysterious American has a huge impact on Rose. He’s Captain Dreyfuss, recently assigned to the airbase in the role of ensuring the local and the airmen coexist peacefully, and he asks for Rose’s help.
Meanwhile, Rose and Michael’s 16 year-old daughter Emma has a chance encounter of her own with a handsome young airman, Lieutenant Barnhill. Defying her father, Emma goes to the cinema with Barnhill - but it’s not just Michael who’s furious when he sees them return. Fed up with the Americans stealing their girls, the Hanlons and some of the locals attack Barnhill as retribution.
As a result of the attack, Dreyfuss brings news that the pub has been placed out of bounds to the airmen. He also brings news that Barnhill is leaving for combat and gives Rose a letter from Barnhill to Emma. As she struggles with her own growing, forbidden attraction to Dreyfuss, what will Rose decide to do with the letter?
Rose is played by Hattie Morahan, Michael by Owen McDonnell, Captain Dreyfuss by Aaron Staton, Emma by Eileen O’Higgins and Ned by Des McAleer.
Pictured: Rose Coyne (Hattie Morahan)

Helstone rose
Titine75

MessageSujet: Re: My Mother and other strangers BBC 2016   My Mother and other strangers BBC 2016 Icon_minitimeSam 5 Nov - 19:11

Les photos sont très tentantes, why not ?
Emjy
Bookworm
Emjy

MessageSujet: Re: My Mother and other strangers BBC 2016   My Mother and other strangers BBC 2016 Icon_minitimeLun 7 Nov - 20:59

La bande-annonce :

Vicar's daughter
SARN

MessageSujet: my mother and other strangers   My Mother and other strangers BBC 2016 Icon_minitimeSam 11 Fév - 18:51

Où en est cette série qui me tentait beaucoup ? quelqu'un a t'il pu voir un épisode ?
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: My Mother and other strangers BBC 2016   My Mother and other strangers BBC 2016 Icon_minitime

My Mother and other strangers BBC 2016
Page 1 sur 1